Cornish Consultancy was set up by its principal David Cornish to provide independent advice for people wanting to invest in agriculture. David has over 20 years experience in the business of agriculture. He has worked for several of Australia’s major Agricultural Banking Institutions. His roles have included both senior field roles and head office roles such as strategic marketing and rural economists. Since leaving banking, David’s consulting has focused on investment decision making and financial analysis both on a one on one basis and for major financial institutions. His work has included:
- Development of an agricultural credit assessment program for one of the largest agricultural lenders in Australia.
- Development of a training program for Agricultural Bankers.
- Lecturing on agricultural investment decision making at one of Australia’s leading agricultural colleges.
- Business planning and financial analysis for both food manufacturing businsses and farmers.
- Development of agricultural portfolios for several institutional investors.
- Review of Governmental policy change and its implication to agricultural producers.
David holds a Bachelor of Agricultural Economics majoring in farm management, Bachelor of Business majoring in accounting and a Diploma in Financial Planning. He is a past participant in the Australian Rural Leadership Program. He is also assists on the family property based at Casterton in Western Victoria.